PETERBOROUGH-ELY-NORWICH RAIL USERS
March, Brandon, Thetford, Attleborough and Wymondham are our principal intermediate stations.
Contact John Saunders: email@example.com 01953 607805
WE WANT TO KEEP
· Hourly express trains from Liverpool, Manchester and Sheffield to Norwich with journey times between Nottingham and Norwich of 160 minutes or less
· The opportunity for passengers boarding at unstaffed platforms to pay the full range of fares on the train
WE WANT TO SEE
· Trains running on Sundays in university terms
· Step free access to westbound trains at Wymondham
· Tactile paving on Platforms 4, 5 and 6 at Nottingham
· Improvements at Brandon, including covered and secure cycle parking
· Scheduled trains all running and specified station facilities all provided
· Workable and consistent polices for carrying non-folding cycles
WE DO NOT WANT
· Slower journeys between Cambridge and Norwich
· Passengers standing for more than 20 minutes
· People having to negotiate a ticket barrier without having the chance to pay a person for their journey or having to queue to exit their destination
Our 2019 Annual General Meeting is at 1030 on Saturday 4 May in the Riversdale Centre, Tanner Street, Thetford.
Issued 13 March 2019
The Franchising Director has confirmed his intention to withdraw all express trains from Liverpool, Manchester and Sheffield to Norwich from December 2021. A replacement local service will operated between Derby, Nottingham and Norwich. “More luggage space” is promised though no details have been released.
Issued 11 April 2019
We try to work constructively with opinion-formers, official bodies, and the rail industry to deliver our vison of
· reliable, clean and comfortable trains with high levels of passenger service
· accurate real time information for passengers at all times
· welcoming stations approached by attractive secure cycling, walking and wheelchair routes
· a safe and well-maintained railway with timely track renewals and rapid responses to incidents
· fares, parking and management structures to develop our services
· full hourly service seven days a week between Birmingham and Stansted Airport, Cambridge and Norwich, Liverpool and Norwich
PETERBOROUGH-ELY-NORWICH RAIL USERS is a member of the HEREWARD community rail partnership, which has developed master-plans for the three stations in Fenland district.
To keep us informed, we need to know about your journeys – good or bad, long or short, occasional or everyday – on:
· Birmingham-Stansted Airport trains
· Cambridge-Norwich trains
· Liverpool-Norwich trains
· any train serving March
Please send your experiences and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
Our January newsletter explores punctuality and includes our comments on the government’s rail review. David tries a new machine and Mark sees a lot of litter while Jane brings home an umbrella.
Membership of Peterborough-Ely-Norwich Rail Users costs £3 from now until the end of 2019. Cheques should be made payable to "PETERBOROUGH-ELY-NORWICH RAIL USERS" and sent to: PENRUG, Thistledew, Fen Street, Old Buckenham, Attleborough, Norfolk, NR17 1NW. Please include your postal and email addresses. MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM
HAVE A LOOK AT OUR OTHER PAGES
CALLING AT ALL STATIONS -
some facts about our line
WHITE'S HISTORY, GAZETTER AND DIRECTORY OF NORFOLK - excerpts from the 1845 issue
For fares, station facilities or train times, please visit www.nationalrail.co.uk