PETERBOROUGH-ELY-NORWICH RAIL USERS
March, Brandon, Thetford, Attleborough and Wymondham are our principal intermediate stations.
Contact John Saunders: email@example.com 01953 607805
WE WANT TO KEEP
· Hourly express trains from Liverpool, Manchester and Sheffield to Norwich with journey times between Nottingham and Norwich of 160 minutes or less
· The opportunity for passengers boarding at unstaffed platforms to pay the full range of fares on the train
WE WANT TO SEE
· Trains running on Sundays in university terms
· Step free access to westbound trains at Wymondham
· Tactile paving on Platforms 4, 5 and 6 at Nottingham
· Improvements at Brandon, including covered and secure cycle parking
· Scheduled trains all running and specified station facilities all provided
· Workable and consistent polices for carrying non-folding cycles
WE DO NOT WANT
· Passengers standing for more than 20 minutes
· People having to negotiate a ticket barrier without having the chance to pay a person for their journey or having to queue to exit their destination
We have recently responded to consultations on:
· Ely south capacity enhancements
· upgrading Croxton level crossing, east of Thetford
· changes to pedestrian, bus and cycle access to Norwich railway station
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to see our response to any of these consultations.
Issued 5 June 2021
The coronavirus pandemic means many train services have been reduced. Please visit www.nationalrail.co.uk before travelling.
Issued 9 November 2020
We try to work constructively with opinion-formers, official bodies, and the rail industry to deliver our vison of
· reliable, clean and comfortable trains with high levels of passenger service
· accurate real time information for passengers at all times
· welcoming stations approached by attractive secure cycling, walking and wheelchair routes
· a safe and well-maintained railway with timely track renewals and rapid responses to incidents
· fares, parking and management structures to develop our services
· full hourly service seven days a week between Birmingham and Stansted Airport, Cambridge and Norwich, Liverpool and Norwich
PETERBOROUGH-ELY-NORWICH RAIL USERS is a member of the HEREWARD community rail partnership, which has developed master-plans for the three stations in Fenland district.
To keep us informed, we need to know about your journeys – good or bad, long or short, occasional or everyday – on:
· Birmingham-Stansted Airport trains
· Stansted Airport/Cambridge-Norwich trains
· Liverpool-Norwich trains
· any train serving March
Please send your experiences and questions to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Our 100th numbered newsletter includes our response to a consultation on the May 2022 timetable for services along the East Coast Main Line through Peterborough. Paul samples a rail replacement bus, Trevor misses his connection while buying a sausage roll and Richard takes his first ride on two new train types.
Membership of Peterborough-Ely-Norwich Rail Users costs £4 from now until the end of 2022. Cheques should be made payable to "PETERBOROUGH-ELY-NORWICH RAIL USERS" and sent to: PENRUG, Thistledew, Fen Street, Old Buckenham, Attleborough, Norfolk, NR17 1NW. Please include your postal and email addresses. MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM
HAVE A LOOK AT OUR OTHER PAGES
ATTLEBOROUGH STATION HISTORY – compiled in 1994
HISTORY, GAZETTER AND DIRECTORY OF NORFOLK - excerpts from the 1845 issue
For fares, station facilities or train times, please visit www.nationalrail.co.uk